HOTBIN Composting is a great way to divert from landfill and create great value from all your food and garden waste.
The HOTBIN is a specially insulated 200 litre hot composting bin that will compost all food waste including meat and fish, not just fruit and vegetable peelings. There is less odour and fewer flies to worry about and the clever design makes it less attractive to rats too.
It is designed to help maximise what nature does and bring together the right conditions to make hot composting quick and easy. It works as it can achieve a temperature of between 40-60 C making it up to 32 times faster than traditional composting methods. The higher temperatures along with the effective aeration allows the HOTBIN to effortlessly reduce and recycle a wider variety of food and garden waste into great compost all year round. Each HOTBIN is delivered assembled and can be placed anywhere in your garden.
The HOTBIN has been independently tested by Garden Organic for ease of use, effectiveness and quality of compost produced, confirming that high temperatures can be maintained to provide sanitation of waste, including cooked food.
Using a HOTBIN can help you reverse overnight how much waste you send to landfill and will reward yourself with rich compost quickly.
What you get
- Internal Thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature
- Airtight lid to reduce smells and unwanted visitors
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature
- Biofilter unit to stop any unfriendly smells
- Insulated walls to keep it hot to help rapid composting
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin
- Easy to remove hatch door panel to take out mature compost
- How to use guide
- FREE 25 litre bag of bulking agent (composted wood chip) to use if recycling food waste
- FREE internal thermometer for tracking exact temperature in top layer of waste
- FREE raking stick
- FREE winter 'kick start' heater (also known as a 'hot water bottle')
- 3 year guarantee