330L Green Johanna Hot Composter
Our Best Selling Green Johanna!
- The Green Johanna "hot" composter is great for beginners!
- This amazing product will compost two parts - cooked or uncooked food waste.
- (including meat, fish, bones, dairy products, vegetables and fruit)
- Guaranteed to create rich compost all year round.
- Its clever design means that micro organisms, bugs and worms together with oxygen work together to create temperatures of 65°C (150°F).
- Holds in any odours from escaping with its tight fitting design.
- Made from 100% recycled materials!
- Rated 4.5/5 on BBC Gardeners World!
The Green Johanna was developed in Sweden to provide a simple, easy to use compost system to safely compost all degradable kitchen waste all year round! The well thought out, patented design of Green Johanna means you do not have to know much about composting - with Green Johanna everyone can compost now! Green Johanna can compost two parts food waste to one part garden waste. All food waste including meat, fish and bones can be put in Green Johanna.
Includes: 1 x Mixing Stick 4 x Outer Rings 1 x Lid 1 x Base 2 x Doors 1 x Bag of Fixing Screws 1 X Instruction Manual
Food waste composting To fully appreciate Green Johannas design it helps to consider what is necessary to recycle waste the way nature does. Every year the same natural cycle occurs; leaves, twigs and trees fall to earth, decompose and become food for new plants. Naturally occurring micro-organisms, bugs and worms, together with oxygen and moisture do all the work.
In the process heat is produced. Some very valuable micro-organisms work at temperatures as high as 65C (150F). This is hot composting, oxygen in the air is critical to the process.
Height 94 cm
Diameter of lid
54 cm Diameter of base 82 cm
Weight 9.5 kg (10 kg with box)
Volume 11.4 cu ft/330 litre
Green Cone Accelerator Powder (3 Pack)
Our Green Cone Accelerator Powder (3 Pack) will ensure that a healthy population of safe bacteria is present and the degradation process works efficiently in your waste disposal unit. We recommend using the accelerator power in small amounts to kick start your composter. (Can be used anytime to give a boost!)
Green Johanna Winter Jacket
The Green Johanna Winter Jacket is used to wrap around your composter during the winter in order to maintain the composting process in low temperatures.